LibStudGang

I don't wanna, I don't wanna, I don't wanna!

Monday, January 02, 2006

Evening Guv'Nor,
"I love it when you work Abbey, you always have good stories to tell" quote unquote by Erica Duncan, fellow Deli worker.

I have to say i just had the best freaking weekend of my life! I'm so shattered right now its not even funny. Went to the Pyramid Rock Festival in Phillip Island, took us 7 and a half hours to get there, traffic was murder. Unfortunately, memory of first nights bands is slightly hazy, do remember butterfingers and john butler but thats about it also remember being in the dooff dooff tent. amusingly blokes standing behind me did not feel that they fitted in as i heard them say , what do i do? and the other replied pretend you've taken drugs and dance.
second day...good. saw airborne, crazy like a fox band that they are. lead singer climbed up the light holding-uppy-things, which are about 10 metres tall and sang from there! gyroscope, goodish. the herd were amazing, crowd went off tap when they did a cover of I was only 19. had yet to venture into the full on pit cos no1 wanted to separate and get lost from each other, went into the pit for butterfly effect, cog and then grinspoon. they're the heavier bands for those of you who would be unaware, don't worry i'm not being patronising. they played all in a row too so i was in there for about 3 and a half hours, made it to the 2nd row, had my hand on the rail though. seriously got to be the harshest pit i've ever ever ever been! was with me mates loz and emma and they had to get out. loz went after two songs from butterfly and emma lasted about 5 more! i had my hand on the rail between 2 blokes and i could here them saying we've got to get rid of this hand so they were grinding their elbows into my arm but i hung on for the whole three hours, given the condition of my wrist now tho perhaps i shouldn't have! my entire body was and remains completely hammered. elbows are the devil! disappointingly grinners weren't at their best, phil was boring, no dancing, nothing, inexplicable, but i still had an awesome time. so many hilarious stories from this weekend but i get the vibe they would be frowned upon by many.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:54 PM, Blogger Lunch lady Doris said…

    "so many hilarious stories from this weekend but i get the vibe they would be frowned upon by many."

    Probably, but that doesn't mean we don't want to hear them ;-)

    LLD

     

Post a Comment

<< Home